[Cause of a Recycle]
- An IISRESET was performed from an elevated command prompt.
- Open CMD.exe as an Administrator and type in "IISRESET" and hit enter. This will recycle ALL of the application pools on a server.
- A recycle was performed from IIS Manager.
- In IIS Manager, highlighting the Application Pool in question under Application Pools.
- Right click the highlighted Application Pool and hit "Recycle".
- Changing any file (including the web.config file) in the virtual directory of the application pool.
- For additional information on why an Application Pool would recycle, please visit the following MSDN article.